Cathi Bosco: Designer & UX Architect
The following Case Studies are organized by project. No two projects are ever the same and depending on the project requirements we may be leveraging different UX tactics. Lean, Agile UX tactical work is an area of special interest for me. I love working on challenging, “edge of the web” projects as well as creative projects, products, web sites, branding, and integrating marketing strategies.
Working UX tactics, we facilitate real understanding and coordination by unlocking useful insights for teams and stakeholders.
Some UX tactics may include: interviews, user research, personas, scenarios, card sorting, micro sprints, journey mapping, alignment diagrams, onboarding analysis/mapping, usability testing, competitor analysis, envisioning, qualitative metrics analysis, sketching, prototyping, story boarding, information architecture, macro and micro animations, critique, facilitation of design walk throughs, visual design, content strategy, customer journey maps, and my favorite, facilitating the integrating larger business goals with user needs and goals.
Great companies cultivate Design Maturity for project teams in collaborative environments.
Skills: Technical & Collaborative
- Tools & Workflows: Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision & now Figma
- Mobile Integration: Creating useful experiences including responsive layouts, touch and input ops
- WordPress: Custom development, customization, mobile apps, websites, edge use cases, WordPress design team contributor and core contributor
- Project Management: Client communications, design thinking, iterative design, lean agile practices, software life cycles, and experience exposure
- Visual Design: Understanding and executions of design principals in early iterations through to high fidelity renderings
- Illustration: Original art and compositions for digital products and publishing
- Facilitating: Extracting design requirements and project direction from peers and stakeholders, while promoting a shared understanding
- Critiquing: Receiving, giving, and teaching diverse teams and influencers on constructive learnings and feedback
- Storytelling: Communicating and facilitating with teams and stakeholders how decisions were made, how principles were arrived at, and how the design will improve the user experience and thus meet the business goals
- Interaction Design: Building flow, micro-interactions, transition animations, and rewarding interactions. No dark patterns, only ethical interactive designs
- Sketching: Working low-fi and communicating early design ideas quickly and exploring challenges with stakeholders teams
- Presenting: Public speaking, design walk through sessions, preparing demos, collaborative workshop sessions
- Leadership: Unlock and providing vision, receive and give direction, inspire teams, clients, stakeholders and influencers
- Human: Lifelong learner, teacher, naturally curious, fearless and brave, but never reckless. Self actualized, intellectually and emotionally honest