Cathi Bosco: Designer & UX Architect
As a designer working with innovative digital development, software services, and business, both strategic and tactical UX is are areas of special interest for me. I love working on challenging, “edge of the web” digital projects and products. Due to the nature of this work, I support innovators, stakeholders, development teams, and deliver specific use case scenarios materializing in efficient and useful UX solutions on enterprise scale projects, agencies, teams, and start ups.
The following Case Studies are organized by project. No two projects are ever the same and depending on the project requirements we may be leveraging different UX tactics and strategies.
Working UX tactics, we facilitate real understanding and coordination by unlocking useful insights for teams and stakeholders.
Some UX tactics may include: interviews, user research, personas, scenarios, card sorting, micro sprints, journey mapping, alignment diagrams, onboarding analysis/mapping, usability testing, competitor analysis, envisioning, qualitative metrics analysis, sketching, prototyping, story boarding, information architecture, macro and micro animations, critique, facilitation of design walk throughs, visual design, content strategy, customer journey maps, and my favorite, facilitating the integrating larger business goals with user needs and goals.
Great companies cultivate Design Maturity for project teams in collaborative environments.
Skills: Technical & Collaborative
- Tools & Workflows: Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma, Miro
- Mobile Integration: Create useful experiences including responsive layouts, touch and input ops, custom branded hybrid mobile apps SaaS business
- WordPress: Custom development, customization, mobile apps, websites, edge use cases, WordPress design team contributor and core contributor
- Project Management: Client communications, design thinking, iterative design, lean agile practices, software life cycles, UX leadership and experience exposure leader
- Visual Design: Understanding and execution of design principals in early iterations through to high fidelity renderings and careful collaboration
- Illustration: Original art and compositions for digital products and publishing
- Facilitating: Extracting design requirements and project direction from peers and stakeholders, while promoting a shared understanding
- Research: Strong usability focused research practices, leadership with an exceptional ability to work with stakeholders leveraging data, journey maps, mind maps and other useful visual communications
- Critiquing: Receiving, giving, and teaching diverse teams and influencers on constructive learnings and feedback practices
- Storytelling: Communicating and facilitating with teams and stakeholders how decisions were made, how principles were arrived at, and how the design will improve the user experience and thus meet the business goals
- Interaction Design: Building flow, micro-interactions, transition animations, and rewarding interactions. No dark patterns, only ethical interactive designs
- Sketching: Working low-fi sketches and communicating early design ideas quickly while exploring challenges with development teams. Higher fidelity journey mapping, alignment diagrams, on-boarding for the purpose of unlocking pain points and touch points for clients
- Presenting: Public speaking, design walk through sessions, preparing demos, collaborative workshop sessions
- Leadership: Unlock insights and provide vision, receive and give direction, inspire teams, clients, stakeholders and influencers through collaboration and useful methodologies