Case Study: WordPress design team, core contributions for the open source project and new in 2019 The WordPress Governance Project: WordPress is an open source program that we, globally contribute to. Many professionals work together to maintain and move the program forward as it now serves over 33%of the entire web.
- The design team needed the 4 Freedoms illustrated as part of a re-design for the “about” page.
- We also needed to update visual designs for many plugin icons, banner images and decision making throughout the course of 2018-present.
- Identify the Stakeholders of WordPress, Scenarios and Journey Map them for WPGovernance through leading interviews and workshops and creating diagrams for presentation
- Visual design and create identity marks and visual collateral for WP Governance
As the platform has grown the need for a Governance Project has also emerged. The WordPress Governance Project is new and in need of internal governance, leadership roles, and UX facilitation.
Strategy: Provide useful UX and visual design assets, illustrate inclusive personas and compositions, facilitate larger groups to successfully contribute, attend local and national WordCamps for collaboration. Host workshops with teams and the WordPress Governance Program.
Facilitate and provide UX tactics to the larger group but specifically to the Internal Governance working group and the Communications team.
- Journey Maps
- Micro sprints
- Facilitate understanding among teams
- Volunteer facilitation of meetings
- Problem solving
- User research participant
- Wire frames
- Visual design
- Icons and dashicon designs
- Envisioning exercises
- InVision, Sketch (with Craft), Figma, Adobe Suite, Github