Case Study: BigCommerce is a global industry leader in ecommerce and is now bringing forward an amazing new WordPress plugin…
Role: UX Architect & Designer
- Update their current plugin to work in headless mode.
- Bring the technology into high speed performance AMP compliance.
A very complex set of technical challenges that required several engineering teams to navigate with a set deadline of WordCamp US 2019.
Strategy: Bring UX resolutions to the project and align the various teams with the business goals and the realities of the user experiences throughout the process. I entered the project during the development phase and was able to facilitate teams with UX tactics, iterations, collaborations throughout development and iterations.
- stakeholder interviews
- expert analysis
- alignment diagrams
- journey mapping
- task time vs goal time usability analysis
- iterations of alignment diagrams
- facilitation of design walkthroughs
- visual design iterations for possible NUX Wizards
- slide deck for onboarding
- mock ups
- visual designs
- facilitation of presentations with engineers and other service providers
- supporting teams with marketing assets, content and visuals
- onsite presence at WCUS 2019
Results: BigCommerce brings dramatic value to WordPress e-commerce users as an extremely valuable alternative. They will increase their market share globally as it is adopted and evolves. WordPress is used by 33.2% of all the websites, that is a content management system market share of 60.1.